We’re looking for an experienced and able Building Surveyor/Site Manager to join our expanding team in Stratford. Within this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Axis’s maintains good quality work, carried out safely, on time, and in accordance with an accurate specification, with minimum inconvenience to the residents in occupied premises.
- Liaise closely with RLOs and Client; inform, advise and ensure that RLOs are always provided with up-to-date information on programmed dates, schedules, progress and likely impact of proposed and ongoing works, to facilitate delivery of a good quality service to residents.
- Produce a detailed Schedule of Conditions, and photographic records to capture such conditions prior to commencing works, work with loss adjustors as required to form agreement.
- Ensure that all residents belongings are set aside from the works and that adequate protection is always in place prior to, and indeed as works proceed.
- Carefully review all work orders and specification prior to authorising the subcontractor to commence or proceed with such works.
- Detail and document all instructions, variations and additional works received from Clients and Client Agents on variation (‘Confirmation of Instructions / Additional Works’) sheets prior to executing such instructions.
- Ensure that all such Variation sheets are appropriately completed and signed by the Client and Client Agent.
- Ensure that the Construction Phase Health & Safety File is present, updated and maintained on site.
- Plan, programme and coordinate efforts of Operatives and Subcontractors such that works progress regularly, and are completed promptly and in accordance with the contract provisions.
- Ascertain that all Heating and gas works specified have been brought to the attention of the Gas Qualifying Manager prior to authorising such works to proceed on site.
- Monitor and regularly inspect works in progress to ensure that works are being carried out in accordance with the contract specification.
- Complete a daily logbook detailing site visits, meetings, observations and action taken, with all corresponding dates and times noted.
- Good detailed construction knowledge acquired preferable from a background in a building construction trade.
- Awareness of applicable Health & Safety Legislation and the implications of such provisions.
- A basic I.T knowledge is required as you will be required to communicate routinely by email.
- Experience with Local Authorities or Social Housing Providers.
- An awareness of the Government’s Decent Homes Initiative.
- Must have a good customer services.
Other Key Information
- Hold a full clean driving licence, as you will be required to drive.
- Flexible regarding travelling and working at various sites.
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Building Surveyor Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]