We’re looking for an experienced and able Commercial Plumber to operate across Croydon and Kingston. Within this role, you will undertake general heating/ cold and hot water system servicing, repairs and installation work within occupied properties. Alongside maintaining a high standard of work that sustains performance, quality and customer satisfaction within a ‘Right First Time’ culture.
- Install, maintain and repair pipes, fixtures and controls associated with hot and cold-water distribution and sanitation within domestic and non-domestic properties across all contracts.
- Isolating and capping radiators/valves when found to be leaking.
- Replace and Install:
- Radiators and ancillary pipework, when required.
- 2 & 3 port control valves and wiring the controls accordingly.
- Immersion heaters and wiring accordingly to local electrical fused spur.
- Cylinders, thermal stores, tanks and ancillary equipment.
- Sanitation fixtures, pipework and controls.
- Repairs to hot and cold-water systems including, sinks and taps.
- Upgrading of hot and cold systems, pipework, controls and ancillary equipment.
- Provide assistance, when required, to other departments of the Gas Division.
- Axis commercial plumbers will need to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice, codes of practice and legislation.
- Must ensure all work is carried out with minimum disruption and inconvenience to client and resident.
- Responsible for checking your PDA is working for accurate and efficient delivery of your workload and data transfer via BYOD.
- Apply correct diagnostic skills to all work and if parts are required, that correct parts are ordered and fitted.
- Complete monthly van stock inspection with your Gas Supervisor to ensure van stock availability and replenish where necessary, recording allocation using the IT Solution.
- You will need to complete LMS on-line training as continuous improvement.
- Core operating hours 8am to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Shift patterns 8am to 2pm and 1.45pm to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Experience in the installation, maintenance and repairs of pipes, fixtures and controls associated with hot and cold-water distribution and sanitation within domestic and non-domestic properties.
- Experience of diagnosing and fault finding to carry out efficient repairs.
- Qualification; G3 Hot Water Unvented Certificate.
- Health and Safety Training; Site Safety, Manual Handling and Asbestos Awareness.
- CDM Regulations.
Other Key Information
We need you to have:
- A full clean driving licence; this position is primarily a mobile role, with travel being a significant part of the job. All applicants should consider this before applying.
- Clean DBS.
- Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of your job (BYOD).
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Commercial Plumber Job Description