We’re looking for an experienced and able Electrical Supervisor to join our team in Oldbury. You will manage the electrical day to day running of electricians and apprentices so that all requirements are achieved and maintained in line with company policies and rules of enrolment of the NICEIC.
- Provide technically sound knowledge, support and guidance to colleagues & clients.
- To provide advice, support and guidance relating to electrical installations during day to day activities and out of hours service.
- Liaising, and relationship building with your teams, clients and consultants on an on-going daily basis.
- Liaising with the NICEIC to ensure Axis complies with all their respective rules for continued enrolment.
- Maintain the NICEIC registration, including overseeing the annual NICEIC assessment.
- To carry out duties as a NICEIC qualified supervisor, validate, compile and sign off NICEIC certification.
- Manage the process of reviewing, evaluating, signing off and distributing all electrical certification & documentation that is produced by the operatives & managing the record keeping of these files accordingly including ticket review.
- Attend client sites to survey/monitor/evaluate works as appropriate to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations & legislation (IET Wiring regulations, H&S).
- Responsibility for development and delivery on a variety of contracts on time and within budgets in order to maximise profit potential.
- Supervise and manage labour allocation and resources with regards productivity, first time fix and performance.
- Increase the output and commercial return of the operatives without compromising quality or safety.
- Respond to client requests for additional works and information.
- Obtain site instructions for quotes including any supporting documents from site to support our later financial submissions.
- Ensure that works on site are always carried out with safety in mind.
- Preparation of RAMS, risk assessment and method statement.
- Participate in team briefings and deliver health and safety Tool Box Talks.
- Experience within repairs and maintenance.
- Social Housing.
- A minimum of two years experience of working as an NICIEC qualifying supervisor.
- A proven background in a similar role, ideally domestic electrical installations, test & inspecting.
- Appropriate qualifications to undertake the role such as:
- C&G 18th Edition IET Regulations BS7671.
- 2391 Testing and Inspection or C&G (2394 & 2395).
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, C&G 2360 Pt. 1 & Pt. 2.
- CSCS card
- IT Literate
Other Key Information
- A full clean driving licence.
- Clean DBS.
- Own an Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of you job (BYOD).
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Electrical Qualifying Supervisor Job Description