We’re looking for an experienced and able Electrician to join our expanding team in Merseyside. Within this role, you will install, service and maintain electrical systems and appliances in domestic and commercial properties to a high quality standard in accordance with the current edition of the IET wiring regulations.
- Reading and taking information from the job outline tickets.
- Carry out repairs to domestic dwellings.
- Be available for the out of hours call out service.
- Communicate between tenants, office staff and the client.
- Undertake routine maintenance and servicing to electrical systems and appliances to required standards.
- Trace, locate and rectify faults and ensure systems and appliances are left in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Report all faulty appliances / installations that do not comply with current regulations.
- Replace electrical sockets and fittings.
- Replace consumer units.
- Rewire domestic properties both occupied and void.
- Install smoke alarms, fans, shower units, shower circuits.
- Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices and improvers.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety standards are met.
- Ensuring a first time fix on as many occasions as possible.
- Accepting jobs in any area required by your line manager, Contract Manager or Divisional Manager.
- Assisting with Health and Safety inspections.
- Must be prepared to undertake any additional training associated with the specific requirements of the trade, as well as training in Equal Opportunities.
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Experience in social housing
- Health and Safety regulations
- Must be able to drive and have a good knowledge of the local area
- Qualified City and Guilds, NVQ level 3
- 2391 test & report (Desirable)
- 18th edition and full qualification to support (Desirable)
Other Key Information
- UK driving licence; this position is primarily a mobile role with travel being a significant part of the role.
- Clean DBS.
- Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of your job (BYOD)
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Electrician – Responsive Repairs Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]