We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fleet Controller to join our team in Stratford. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure operational management of the fleet on a daily basis. This will include daily management of service schedules, breakdowns and liaising with scheduling teams to ensure vehicles off road time is kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of vehicle maintenance, service and repair.
- Ensure efficient booking of vehicles using our approved garages and through 1 link and other suppliers to ensure minimum downtime and operational impact.
- Manage all direct stakeholders effectively i.e. operative supervisors, contract managers and schedulers.
- Manage Fleet capacity and fleet insurance- first line of contact with Insurance for end to end to end claims handling/management.
- Create and maintain fleet files.
- Advice and guidance to operators and managers on fleet compliance issues, van inspections and driver compliance.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance checks are up to date.
- Management & interrogation of costs relating to repairs/invoices/applications.
- Keeping accurate compliance records and ensuring successful completion of audits
- Ensure fleet policy is up to date with current legislation.
- Manage and reduce off road times.
- Maintain industry accreditations.
- Previous fleet management experience.
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance.
- Knowledge of accident investigation and management/ insurance.
- Expert knowledge of transport and driver regulations.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office.
- Experience of working in high pressure situations.
Other Key Information
- Must hold full UK driving licence (for work purposes)
- Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
- Annual holiday increase
- Perkbox rewards
- Long service rewards
- Volunteering days
- Company pension
Axis has experienced continual growth since it’s establishment in 1986, we’re not aiming to be the biggest service provider, however we do intend to be the best. We work with some of the UK’s largest building owners, landlords, facility managers to provide strategic building repairs, planned maintenance and improvement across all property sectors.
We are a value led business, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace diversity above all.
Fleet Controller Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at email@example.com