We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fleet Manager to join our business support team in Stratford. You will be responsible for ensuring the strategic management of the fleet in the way it is procured, managed and maintained. You will manage all budget and costs associated with the operation of the vehicle fleet and must be used to a fast paced environment where you have to be organised with great multi tasking capabilities.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day running of Fleet Department
- Procure and manage repairs and servicing agreements for suppliers with cost, efficiency but with streamlined processes and customer service the prime objectives.
- Conducting fleet analysis to review and procure vehicles in accordance with the company purchasing policy and managing fleet capacity.
- Responsible for procurement, implementation, liaison, reporting and maintaining optimal route planning methods and techniques that evolve as the business grows.
- Using KPI analysis and qualitative feedback from various different departments within operations in order to achieve your goals.
- Managing Fleet Admin team.
- Create and maintain fleet files.
- Advice and guidance to operators and managers on fleet compliance issues, inspections and driver compliance.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance checks are up to date including MOT’s, road tax.
- Management and monitoring of the distribution fuel cards and reviewing costs.
- Work closely with H & S team & Sustainability teams.
- Management & interrogation of costs relating to damage/fines/repairs/invoices/applications
- Maintain industry accreditations.
- Managing and procuring hire agreements for temporary vehicles and reducing the usage to a minimum.
- Ensure fleet policy is up to date with current legislation.
- Oversee the purchase of any specialist equipment in relation to fleet.
- Working closely with other members of the management team to identify and implement improvements with our fleet.
- Keeping accurate compliance records and ensuring successful completion of audits.
- Overseeing insurance policies for vehicles.
- Reviewing and managing parking costs.
- Manage and reduce off road times.
- Attend regular reviews with the director and team.
- Previous fleet management experience
- Worked in Maintenance industry
- Qualification in commercial vehicle management
- Expert knowledge of transport and driver regulations
- Commercial vehicle law
- Health & Safety relating to Fleet
- Accident investigation and management
Other Key Information
- Travel will be required to other offices in the UK
- Must hold full UK driving license
- 40 hours (Monday – Friday)
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis.
Fleet Manager Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at email@example.com