We’re looking for an experienced and able Gas Engineer to operate across areas in Essex. Within this role, you will be responsible for undertaking gas servicing, installation, and reactive maintenance service work in domestic properties. Alongside maintaining a high standard of work that sustains performance, quality, and customer satisfaction. You will be required to attend company seminars, training sessions and toolbox talks, in accordance with company objectives, as and when necessary at our head office located in Stratford.
- Undertake gas servicing, installation, and reactive maintenance service work across all contracts. This will include working in any geographical area/location, as required.
- Ensure the servicing, installation and reactive maintenance service work is carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice, codes of practice and legislation.
- All gas work must be carried out with minimum disruption and inconvenience to client and resident.
- Attend appointments as scheduled and instructed.
- Use and update required IT devices, apps or similar, to sustain digital service delivery.
- Your PDA must always be working for accurate and efficient delivery of your workload and data transfer via BYOD.
- Utilise your PDA to record travel time, attendance times and work carried out during the property visit.
- Apply correct diagnostic skills to reactive maintenance programmes and if parts are required, that correct parts are ordered and fitted.
- Ensure the installation of heat producing appliances are registered with appropriate body so that a Building Regulation Certification can be produced as required by the Building Regulations (England and Wales).
- Carry out monthly van stock inspection with your Gas Supervisor to ensure van stock availability and replenish where necessary, recording allocation using the IT Solution.
- Required to complete monthly tool inspection on your vehicle with your Gas Supervisor to ensure tool availability and that company issued tools are not missing or damaged. Replenish where necessary, recording allocation on form provided.
- Be responsible for washing your vehicle, keeping it clean on the exterior and interior and ensuring it is road worthy.
- Core operating hours 8am to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Shift patterns 8am to 2pm and 1.45pm to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Experience within domestic gas service, repairs and maintenance (including installs).
- Experience of working in domestic properties.
- Experience of diagnosing and fault finding to carry out efficient repairs.
- Good local geographic knowledge across all contracts
- Demonstrate recent experience in repair diagnosis and servicing, maintenance and installation of domestic gas appliance, pipework and systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Health and safety training i.e. Site Safety, Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness
- ACS Domestic Gas Qualifications CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, MET1, Building Regulation approved G3 Hot Water Unvented Certificate.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Gas Safe Registered.
Other Key Information
- UK Driving licence; this position is primarily a mobile role, with travel being a significant part of the job.
- Clean DBS.
- Own an Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of your job (BYOD)
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Gas Engineer (Domestic) Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at email@example.com