We’re looking for a reliable and efficient Gas Supervisor with knowledge in Domestic and Non-domestic gas service, repairs and maintenance to operate in Essex and surrounding areas. Within this role, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of gas servicing, installation and reactive maintenance service programmes. You will be required to attend company seminars, training sessions and toolbox talks, in accordance with company objectives, as and when necessary at our head office in Stratford.
- Supervise a team of gas engineers’ responsible for delivering a quality and cost-effective gas servicing, installation and reactive maintenance service programme across all contracts.
- Organise and control the provision of consistent, quality and customer focused services to ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives.
- Undertake inspections of properties to ensure that the service, installation and reactive maintenance service programmes are adhered too, and work closely with the Contract Manager to ensure that performance and quality targets are achieved.
- Review and monitor performance regularly and initiate corrective action as necessary via the company Disciplinary & Grievance procedure.
- Assist in the preparation of client gas contract specifications and programmes as required.
- Axis Gas Supervisors will plan, programme and co-ordinate engineers’ and gas sub-contractors within the programmes in accordance with the contract provisions, to ensure that tenants and leaseholders receive a high standard of work, on time and within quality expectations and targets.
- Ensure all databases, where required, are kept up to date with close liaison with Contract Manager.
- Ensure that all company business procedures and protocols are followed.
- Ensure engineers use and update IT devices, apps or similar, to sustain digital service delivery.
- Provide reports on the management and performance of engineers’ and gas work to Contract Manager.
- Ensure engineers’ complete job sheets for every task and that daily log sheets and weekly time sheets are completed accurately and in agreed formats.
- Complete ticket review on engineers’ work daily, ensuring the times sheets are added and the correct SOR’s or quoted works are being applied.
- Ensure a desk top exercise is carried out on all Domestic and Non-Domestic Certification/Reports/Forms ensuring accuracy and that all statutory and legislative requirements are met. Address any deficiencies with the engineer.
- Complete monthly inspections on engineers’ stationary stock, including Domestic and Non- Domestic Certification/Reports/Forms, Warning Notice Pads and Labels, and replenish where required, recording allocation on form provided.
- Ensure engineers’ renewal of their ACS Domestic and Non-Domestic Gas ‘Certificate of Competency’ is co-ordinated with the engineer and company Training & Development Department.
- Attend Industry Exhibitions and Forums to keep up to date with changes in industry practices and legislation.
- Core operating hours 8am to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Shift patterns 8am to 2pm and 1.45pm to 8pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am to 2pm (Sat).
- Knowledge within Domestic and Non-Domestic Gas Service, Repairs and Maintenance (including installs)
- Experience of managing gas service, repairs, installation and maintenance programmes, including non- domestic
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to weigh up and articulate risk and benefit and propose effective
- Good local geographic knowledge across all contracts
- Health and Safety Training i.e. Site Safety, Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Regulations
- ACS Domestic Gas Qualifications including CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, MET1, CMDDA1, Building Regulation approved G3 Hot Water Unvented Certificate and appropriate ACS Non- Domestic Gas
Other Key Information
- UK Driving licence; this position is primarily a mobile role, with travel being a significant part of the job.
- A clean DBS
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Gas Supervisor Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]