We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Head of Bids to join our expanding team in Stratford. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the development of new business and new opportunities in line with the company’s growth plans.
- Lead all aspects of the day to day management of the bid process.
- Line management responsibility for Bid-Coordinator, Bid Writer and Bid Manager functions.
- Ensure that growth and renewal targets are met.
- Lead and write Quality submissions for high profile/challenging bids.
- Manage and assure all aspects of the bid, ensuring all outcomes are adequately described in each submission stage both in terms of content and presentation.
- Manage interaction with contracting body/stakeholders throughout the bid process.
- Support Business Development in identifying and working on business growth.
- Take responsibility for the management of bids, including planning the bid, hosting kick off meetings, planning and coordinating the written response documentation and sharing knowledge throughout the company.
- Consult with Business Development, and Client Services to interpret the client specific solution or service offering and produce a persuasive sales document and/or presentation.
- To create, audit and dispatch quality tender bids to agreed deadlines.
- Ensure document content is compliant and validated to meet legislation, procedures, products, solutions and policies.
- Ensure bids are completed with integrity and have internal authority approval.
- Attend pre and post submission presentations/meetings.
- Providing clients with high quality documents, attentive to their needs.
- Generation of financial and risk profiles for each of the bids.
- Monthly analysis of bid volumes and success ratios.
- Develop executive summaries for relevant/appropriate tender submissions.
- Develop/implement a ‘winning work’ system that key target contract opportunities are won and divisional growth targets are met.
- Outstanding bidding track record in housing maintenance and/or construction sectors.
- Advanced Microsoft Office- InDesign (Desirable).
- APMP accredited
- Experience in Bid writing and process management.
- Must be quality focused, able to identify key client drivers and relate the submission to them.
- Managing demanding deadline environments.
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Head of Bids Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]