We’re looking for an IT Team Leader to join our team in Stratford and lead a busy Service Desk as part of a small internal IT department. The successful candidate will need to be highly organised, have excellent administration skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
The Service Desk deal with a wide variety issues across multiple platforms and bespoke software packages. Support is currently provided primarily via digital platforms/telephony to over 850 users, although face-to-face support and desk visits are common. This is a customer-focused role providing first-line support to a wide variety of users, from standard users and mobile operatives up to Director level.
- Day to day management of the Service Desk.
- Managing a team of 3 Digital Advisors providing 1st line support to the business.
- Providing cover for the Service Desk where required for example during busy periods and during team member absences.
- Managing IT hardware including purchasing, building, issuing and retrieval of devices. Accurately recording all information relating to hardware.
- Ensuring logged issues are responded to and resolved within agreed SLAs.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on cases and calls received including producing KPIs.
- Managing, logging and allocating IT forms that are received, challenging requests that do not adhere to published policies.
- End-of-day sweeping of cases received ensuring all have been responded to and actioned as per agreed processes.
- Monitoring progress of open cases ensuring timely updates are provided.
- Ensuring users’ are kept up to date at all stages of their calls.
- Regular auditing of completed tasks to ensure processes are being adhered to 100% of the time.
- Management of Service Desk team rota, annual leave and absences.
- Producing, updating and reviewing IT & Corporate policies and processes.
- Continually identifying areas for improvement, with a focus on increasing efficiency.
- Communicating information to the wider business, for example updated policies, issues and outages.
- Undertaking small elements of project management for changes relating to the Service Desk.
- Working closely with the Digital Team on projects and testing system updates.
- Liaising with service providers.
- Escalating issues to 2nd/3rd line where necessary.
- Providing liaison function between 1st and 3rd line support and the Digital Team.
- Upskilling the Digital Advisors.
- Ensuring compliance with IT Security Policies.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of Windows 2003 and above, including Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics (desirable)
- Administration and Organisation
- Leading a small team
- Customer-facing roles
- Previous service desk experience (desirable)
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
IT Team Leader Job Description
Please send your CV to Jerica Palacios, Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]