We’re looking for an experienced and able Plumber to join our team in Croydon. Within this role, you will carry out all aspects of plumbing, engineering work and deliver plumbing maintenance services to our clients at a high-quality standard.
- Ensuring the effective and proactive delivery of service.
- Locating and repairing hot and cold-water bursts.
- Excavating the ground to repair external cold water supplies and drainage systems.
- Carrying out maintenance works and servicing in our client’s properties.
- Measuring for fittings and listings of necessary materials.
- Installing Bathrooms and Kitchens.
- Replacing immersion tanks and immersion heaters.
- Ensuring the maintenance and delivery of any documentation required to agreed standard and timescale.
- Reading and taking information off job outline tickets.
- Reporting any outstanding defects to your line manager.
- Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices and Plumbers.
- Making decisions using specialist experience.
- Ensuring that the health and safety policy and standards are always met.
- Assisting with Health and Safety inspections.
- Carrying out the necessary Health and Safety risk assessments when on site.
- Adhering in all aspects of work according to the regulatory standards.
- Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost.
- Taking part in out of hours on call system as required by the service.
- Aim to deliver a First time fix on as many jobs as possible.
- Accepting jobs in any area required by your line manager, Contracts Manager and Divisional Manager.
- May be required to work in any location throughout the town/city and work may vary from location to location.
- Must be prepared to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be prepared to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding and work in confined spaces and in a variety of work conditions that may prevail at that time.
- Must be prepared to undertake any additional training associated with the specific requirements of the trade, as well as training in Equal Opportunities.
- Experience in plumbing, repairs, and maintenance
- Health and Safety Regulations
- Relevant training such as site safety and manual handling.
- Qualified City and Guilds, NVQ level 3
- Possess an up-to-date unvented hot water systems certificate/license.
Other Key Information
- UK driving licence; this position is primarily a mobile role with travel being a significant part of the role.
- Clean DBS.
- Own an Android or IOS mobile phone which you will use as part of your job (BYOD)
- Company van plus fuel card
- Bring your own device (BYOD) allowance
- Annual holiday increase
- Perkbox Rewards
- Long Service Rewards
Axis has experienced continual growth since it’s establishment in 1986, we’re not aiming to be the biggest service provider, however we do intend to be the best. We work with some of the UK’s largest building owners, landlords, facility managers to provide strategic building repairs, planned maintenance and improvement across all property sectors.
We are a value led business, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace diversity above all.
Plumber Job Description