We’re looking for an experienced and able Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding team in Oldbury. Within this role, you will be responsible for pricing of variations, interim valuations and valuing sub-contractors’ accounts.
- Plan, manage and monitor commercial activities to meet the project objectives. Ensure that these activities are carried out in a way that reflects ‘best practice’.
- Ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash and margin are managed to maximise performance.
- Work with the delivery team to review variations submitted by subcontractors and ensure variations are approved by the client.
- You will be required to review and submit all applications for payment.
- Responsible for reviewing all Void Specifications and advise on correct SOR code usage.
- As part of your role you will need to review and finalise all jobs are completed and ready for invoicing.
- Review and approve of all contract charges and cost transfers.
- Monitoring of material spend and plant hire.
- Extract the best value for money from Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Monitor the administration systems to ensure all chargeable works are identified.
- Maximize the potential of the schedule of rate codes across all work streams.
- Ensure subcontractors are paid the correct amount and the client is billed accurately.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in all areas of the Repairs and Maintenance business.
- Strict adherence and implementation of the Group Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Comply with the HR policies and procedures and any other statutory regulations.
- Responsible for achieving clients’ expectations.
- You will be required to submit quotations or estimates to clients.
- Support with the development of a wider commercial function.
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience.
- Social housing background preferable.
- NHF Schedule Of Rate Codes.
- Skills in business analysing and reporting.
- IT Literate.
- JCT, NEC and NHF contract terms.
- Price Per Property contract models.
- A good commercial and business acumen.
Other Key Information
We need you to be:
- Flexible with travel.
- Flexible to work additional hours as required.
So if you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us.
Quantity Surveyor Job Description