At Axis we try to make our website as accessible as possible for all audiences, including those with visual impairments or other disabilities. The site conforms to the latest web standards and validation, details of which can be found below.
The following UK government recommended access keys are used on the site: Access Keys assign a “Hot Key” to areas within a website and can be accessed using the combination ALT+AccessKey (PC) or CTRL+AccessKey (MAC).
Internet Explorer users may also need to hit the “enter” key to activate a link.
Firefox 2 for (PC) users please use Alt + Shift + accesskey
Opera for (PC) or (MAC) please use Shift + Esc + accesskey.
Access Keys on this site.
1 – Home
2 – Not Used
3 – Site Map
4 – Search
5 – Not Used
6 – Not Used
7 – Not Used
8 – Not Used
9 – Not Used
0 – Accessibility
A skip naigation link is provided on each page to allow those using screen readers to jump straight to the main content on a page. Without first having to tab through all the navigation links, press SHIFT+ALT+(Letter) to jump to region on page.
C – Skip to Content
N – Skip to Navigtaion
S – Skip to Sub Navigation
Accessing all Links
The remaining hyperlinks on the site can all be accessed by using the tab and return keys. Holding down the tab key allows the cursor to move through links very fast.
- All pages on this site are WCAGA approved, complying with all priority 1 rules of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. This is a judgment call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. We have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all pages are in compliance.
- Most pages/areas also conform to the WCAGAA rules, although the work to attain full AA status is ongoing.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional. For example, check the home page for XHTML validity.
- All pages on this site validate as well formed CSS . For example, check the site for CSS validity.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- All images are optimised for fast download times and modem browsing.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
This site can be navigated not only by using the mouse, but also with the Keyboard. Allowing any motoric disabilities impaired users and those who prefer not to use a mouse the ability to access the site content.
This site has been tested using the latest modern browsers and should work as intended on all standards-compliant browsers.
- Internet Explorer 5+
- Mozilla Firefox 1+
- Opera 7+
- Netscape 6.2+
- AOL 9+
- Internet Explorer 5.2+
- Mozilla Firefox 1+
- Opera 7.5+
- Netscape 7.2+
- Safari 1.2+
- Camino 1+
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5+
- Opera 9+
- Konqueror 3.4.0-5+