As we move into 2021, we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. The national lock down and restrictions seem to be easing as we approach summer. We thought it would be an appropriate time to reflect on the campaigns we supported over the festive period. Campaigns that helped our clients and the local community.
• Axis donated £500 towards the Family Centre Christmas Appeal ensuring 160 vulnerable households received a Christmas dinner.
Axis’ Ian Rhodes, Operations Director, praised the initiative saying. “This scheme really helps those most in need. We always welcome the opportunity to help out after what has been an extremely tough year for many”.
• Axis donated £500 towards gift vouchers to help ensure vulnerable residents received a gift at Christmas. Many of the residents that we supported were victims of abuse, suffered with mental ill health, loss of a loved one, or financial difficulties.
One of the residents commented saying. “I would just like to say a big thank you for the voucher that I received. I will enjoy looking for something to buy with it…have a good Christmas”.
• Our Kingston team, including subcontractors, donated gifts and toys to the children’s ward at The Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton.
Axis’ Karen Bratton, Commercial Manager said. “Taking the gifts to the Marsden is always a high point in my run up to Christmas. It brings into perspective everything that is going on in our lives”. The Royal Marsden added, “This is absolutely wonderful, thank you so much for the incredible kindness”.
• Our Lewisham team facilitated a Christmas drawing competition, a resident prize draw, and a Santa’s Grotto. Christmas packages were distributed to all residents of Eddystone Towers.
• Axis donated £500 towards the Christmas Hamper Appeal. Operatives, Michael Stone and Kimaney Burton, helping to deliver the hampers to vulnerable residents.
One of the residents commented saying. “My health has deteriorated this year, significantly. It has impacted my finances and my ability to provide a Christmas gifts as I always have. Your gift has enabled me to provide a plentiful Christmas meal, but most importantly a relief, this was so unexpected”.
• We donated £2,000 towards the annual Toy and Food Hamper Appeal.
Peabody’s Andrea Purslow, Business Development Manager, said. “Axis’ generosity has helped make the end to an incredibly difficult year so much brighter for many this Christmas. We have delivered over 875 food and toy hampers to households and families across London. Axis has helped transform Christmas for those who face extremely tough times”.
• We donated £300 to D&K Heating towards their Christmas Foodbank initiative.
• We donated 100 Christmas Hampers to shielding and sheltered housing residents. RLO’s gave their support by helping with deliveries in the run up to the festive period.
Westminster City Council’s Neil Wightman, Director of Housing, said. “I would like to extend my sincere thanks for your contributions towards the resident hampers. Your gifts, donations and support to pack and deliver the hampers have been exceptional. I know having delivered a number myself they have been very gratefully received”.
Click here to view the latest news from Axis Europe.