Shell and core is the very first stage of a property’s fit out. In shell and core state, a property is in its most basic condition. This generally comprises of:
- The brick and mortar structure
- The completion of common areas such as receptions, staircases, toilets
- Connections to external mains gas, water and electricity
- The base plant
- Clear structural floor heights
- Air conditioning chambers
- External windows and doors
- Fire detection and sprinkler systems
In this most basic form, clients have a blank canvas to work from, giving large amounts of flexibility to adapt or change a property for commercial use.
We are able to complete works on new builds in a shell and core state, or reinstate properties back to a shell and core state, stripping the properties of category A and B fixtures and fittings.