Petit Miracles, a local charity dedicated to upcycling donated furniture, has undergone a transformative refurbishment, thanks to the efforts of Axis subcontractor VH Electrical Ltd.
Petit Miracles, situated in Shepherd’s Bush, specializes in upcycling donated furniture, offering a unique blend of sustainability and skill development. The charity hosts workshops that bring together volunteers from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and individuals with special needs. These workshops provide invaluable skills that extend beyond furniture refurbishment, fostering teamwork and personal development.
Axis met Petit Miracles during a Hammersmith and Fulham Climate Alliance Conference and found out that they are struggling to find a reliable company for electrical works required to obtain the Unit C Certification.
The Workshop – Unit C received a comprehensive electrical overhaul:
- Installation of a new TPN distribution board.
- Various remedial works, including mechanical protection to cables and removal of redundant wiring.
- Replacement of light fittings and emergency exit lights.
- Installation of approximately 10 general emergency lighting units with cabling and containment.
- Testing, commissioning, and issuance of certification.
The Shop Area also underwent significant electrical enhancements:
- Replacement of 15 light fittings with new LED fixtures.
- Removal of kitchen sockets from last man out switch control.
- Replacement of lamps in existing fittings.
- Replacement of one 4ft light fitting with LED.
- Installation of four additional socket outlets.
Vera O’Driscoll, Community Investment Coordinator, expressed gratitude for the successful collaboration with VH Electrical Ltd, stating, “ This project was a great way to be able to support a local charity who are doing some amazing work. I would like to thank our sub contractors, VH Electrical for completing the works efficiently and to a very high standard, your support is very much appreciated! This is the start of our partnership with Petit Miracles so I am really looking forward to supporting them in other ways in the future too!”
Kate Moore, Programme Director Petit Miracles, also commented – ‘We initially met AXIS Europe at an Environmental event run by London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. After discussing our project and it’s needs, we realised that a very beneficial partnership could be formed. As a small charity, finding reliable and trustworthy contractors has always been a challenge for us. Working with AXIS and VH Electrical was a great experience for us. From site visits, to permits and talking us through the processes, they were fantastic. The partnership allowed us to save a great amount of time and money, which can now be reinvested into the charity, supporting more of our beneficiaries, and the wider community. Thank you so much!