Enva is a leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations across the United Kingdom. They operate across 4 core waste streams: Hazardous Materials, Non-Hazardous Materials, Hydrocarbons and General Waste Recycling.
Our waste management partnership with Enva began in 2021 when Axis took the decision to consolidate our waste management supply chain from over 20 providers. They’ve helped to service over 130 Axis maintained properties a year and manage more than 1,500 tonnes of our waste. Over the past two years both companies have been working collaboratively to transform our waste management, in line with one of our core values: Protect our environment, protect our future.
Access to the MyEnva portal has significantly improved our waste reporting too. The visibility of recycling performance has allowed us to gain deeper insight into the carbon footprint of the waste we generate, moving us closer to their ‘zero waste to landfill’ ambition. The results delivered in this first two years of our partnership speaks volumes for the impact that Enva’s support for Axis has had:
- Recycling rate of 98% – up from 94% in the previous 6 months
- Improved data and operational efficiencies have reduced costs – with one project alone saving 16% a year
- Focus on the ‘Proximity Principle’ – reducing the distance waste is transported has cut fuel usage and CO2 emissions
- Supporting the ‘Axis Foundation’ and their ’Community Clear Up Days’
- A much-improved chance of meeting Axis’ ‘zero waste to landfill’ ambition by 2030
Enva shares Axis’ belief that sustainability practices should not be guided by what we must do but rather by what we feel is right, as this is likely to have a greater impact in protecting our environment for the future. Our team looks forward to continuing the collaborative approach that will control costs and realise the environmental and commercial value of any waste that is produced.