On Wednesday 31st August our Thurrock Site Team hosted a Summer Social Event for residents of Seabrooke Rise Estate.
We have been working on the estate for over 18 months now, completing external refurbishments of nine tower blocks. We are shortly starting the replacement of all windows in the blocks, so decided to host a summer social so residents could meet the team and get involved in a range of free activities.
The day was a great success with approximately 150 residents in attendance! Activities included face painting, giant lawn games including snakes and ladders, Connect 4, Jenga and Dominos, and arts and crafts where children were able to decorate the Axis logo and create their own crowns. The activities were hugely popular, particularly the face painter who had a queue from the moment she started to the moment she finished!
In addition to the activities, we had a gazebo with refreshments and models of the new windows and rendering so residents could visualise the works. Wally Shave, Senior Project Manager and Tony Torpey, Site Manager were on hand throughout the day to talk through the upcoming works and answer any questions that the residents had.
Finally, all residents who attended were automatically entered into a raffle with the chance to win a £50, £30 or £15 Love 2 Shop vouches. The winners were announced at the end of the event and our RLO’s hand-delivered the vouchers the following morning.
I was really glad to meet so many of the Thurrock residents and see them having a good time. It was a great opportunity to discuss the project in more detail. – Wally Shave, Senior Project Manager
The summer event was a fantastic day and a great turn out. It was lovely seeing the children of Seabrooke out engaging with the team and having lots of fun. – Jessica Ashton, Resident Liaison Manager
I was very happy to help out on the day with the setting up of the event as well as interacting with the residents. It was a very good turn out and there was a lot of engagement from various residents who were very happy to have some community interaction before the schools went back.- Vera O’Driscoll, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Apprentice
A big well done and thank you to everyone involved in the organisation and delivery of the event:
- Jessica Ashton, Resident Liaison Manager
- Veronica Lane, Resident Liaison Officer
- Christina Crawford, Administrator
- Emmanuel Adeyeye, Resident Liaison Officer
- Wally Shave, Senior Project Manager
- Brent Cairns, Senior Site Manager
- Tony Torpey, Site Manager
- Billy Stockwell-Lindford, Labourer
- Maurice Kelley, Subcontractor
- Audrius Semeta, Subcontractor
- Dan Ramsay, Subcontractor
- Ivor Lawrence, Facilities Manager
- Kellie Turner, Community Investment Manager
- Vera O’Driscoll, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Apprentice
- Sarah Hodgson, Content Marketing Officer