18th July 2022
Swan NHS Properties – Repairs and Maintenance
We conduct R&M at Swan’s three schemes providing affordable, rented housing to NHS key workers.
These schemes, developed in partnership with the NHS, provide safe and comfortable homes for nearly 1,000 NHS key workers and those working in the emergency services and public sector.
The properties are all near to local hospitals. The importance of this was demonstrated sharply during the Covid-19 pandemic, when having a safe and comfortable home near to their place of work proved even more essential for our NHS key workers.
Swan residents report
“This flat was just perfect for me. It was reasonably priced and excellently furnished. Great facilities and very, very secure. I will miss living here. I have made lots of fond memories in this flat. I am grateful for the efficiency at which Swan housing responded to my requests, whether it was for repairs or extra amenities.”
“An excellent job… tidy … arrived when he said he would, very professional… the job was completed a lot quicker than I expected. Many thanks.”
“I have been living here for the past 11 years and I’d like to thank you and your team for the great work and support when was needed.”
Oldchurch, Romford – near Queen’s Hospital and King George’s Hospital
Accommodation comprises 369 units of four bed shared or ensuite, three bed ensuite studios and one or two bedroom flats.
Residents are primarily NHS key workers working for the Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust.
Colchester – onsite at Colchester Hospital
Accommodation comprises 215 key worker units of one bedroom flats, two and three bedroom family houses as well as shared accommodation.
Residents are primarily NHS key workers working for Colchester General Hospital.
Broomfield, Chelmsford – onsite at Broomfield Hospital
Accommodation comprises 353 units of two and three bedroom family houses, as well as shared accommodation.
Residents are primarily NHS key workers at Broomfield Hospital.
Scope of Works
Axis has the responsibility for the Repairs and Maintenance as well as Planned Works of these three 3 NHS sites plus Out of Hours, essential servicing and emergencies.
We employ a dedicated workstream, resources and reporting and are developing closer relations with on site and managerial staff to better accommodate the needs and demands of this stock” – Axis Divisional Manager, Chris Houlihan
Full scope of works on our Swan Total Asset Management contract can be seen here
- All sites have a dedicated Scheme Manager and an Area Scheme Manager who provides support to key workers, such as allowing access for Axis operatives and sub contractors, and ensuring we are achieving a high customer satisfaction and contractual KPIs within the schemes.
- Our NHS Champion works specifically to ensure all works are programmed around resident’s schedules and needs.
- Our dedicated NHS mailbox allows residents to report all non-urgent repairs
- To respect shift working patterns we ensure that works are minimally disruptive (including noise) for residents.
- Axis’ Assistant Contract Manager attends quarterly meetings with the NHS Managers at the three sites. These meetings review our performance, delivery and communication methods as well as outstanding repairs so we can work together to continually improve our service.
- Our Resident Liaison Officers are highly experienced and have been working across Swan’s sheltered and NHS accommodation for a number of years. Some have worked on our Swan contract since its beginning. They keep residents informed and up to date through daily visits when work is taking place, weekly meetings and coffee mornings in the communal areas, providing information on communal noticeboards and site posters and through letters / mail drops, emails, phone calls, text messages and newsletters.
Axis People – the team
- Christopher Houlihan, Divisional Manager,
- Darren Barlow, Partnering Manager
- Darren Shipp , Planned Contract Manager
- Stephanie Rogers , Customer Service Manager
- Dawn Willis, Customer Service Manager
- Chelsea Day Client Liaison Officer
- Kathy Pilkington, Resident Liaison Officer